Friday, September 19, 2014

Two [2]

I'm BACK! So the first & last time I wrote on here was in 2011. Quite some time has passed huh? Well, I think I'm finally going to start blogging - it feels so good to write things out.

So what can I say about my life now? Let's skip all the BS in between the last time I wrote and the past couple of months. Right now, I'm at the happiest point in my life. Of course things could always be better, which is exactly what I'm working towards, but I'm so grateful for what I DO have.

Baby boy Renner was just born this Tuesday at 8:45am. He's perfect. He just came home with his momma today and I'm excited for what's to come! He looked like such a tiny little snuggle bug in his chair today but it just seems like he fits right in at home already. I love him!

So I went to Peru for ten days at the end of August and it was an experience that changed my life. I went there feeling pretty low and came back with a completely different mindset...like something finally clicked. I never want to be that person that mopes around over things that can't be changed. So whatever I can alter, I will. Such as my job, the places I live, the people I choose to spend time with - I know that the decisions affecting my life are in my hands. No one else's. That's why I'm so focused on work and school right now. I'm getting this TEFL certification ASAP and applying like crazy for jobs all over the world. It was always my dream to travel and now is the time. No more dragging my feet on my dreams for any one anymore! I'm excited to make friends all over the world and experience different cultures. These are just a few of the wonderful people I met in Peru:
I can't believe how much has changed in just the last 2 months. I used to have this vision of what I thoughtneeded to do to balance a relationship with personal goals. That scale was so uneven because that relationship would have come before everything. It's so terribly difficult to follow through with your own goals when you always have to put someone else's feelings into consideration. You live and you learn and I've finally learned to put my needs first for once. It's different...but very much so needed. A piece of my heart will always have love for him, but right now, it's time for me. While it's strange to think about the differences from July to September, it also displays how strong humans are with their abilities to adapt. Survival mode on!

-KG