- Jayson turned 7 this week and as a present for the best cookie in the world, I adopted a pup for him. We, after much deliberation and voting, have named her Kyra [kee-ruh]. She's a beautiful boxer mix (not completely sure about the mix but we're thinking shepherd!) who is so sweet and loving. All she wants is to be close to her humans. Right now, Kyra has been going back and forth between my house and my sister's but that will change as soon as my sister and Jay move in! So excited for that! Anyway, I'm having #newmommyanxiety because every time Kyra is away from me, I'm worried about her.
The middle picture is the very first day we met her and realized how wonderful she was. That day, we also fell in love with another pup and chose him at first. When I returned a few days later, he was adopted and we took it as a sign that SHE was the one! As it turns out, she couldn't be any more perfect for us. She just fits. I love her.
- Another great event that occurred is finally completing my certification course for Teaching English as a Foreign Language. I'm just so proud of myself for starting something on my own and completing it without anyone else's help. I sacrificed whatever I needed to and even though I felt so unmotivated and disheartened about this for a while, HERE I AM at the finish line. Looking through different job opportunities on the website, I'm so excited to finally start living out that dream I've had since I was a little girl. There are teaching jobs in France and Brazil that I'm looking into. I'm just waiting to hear back from that one job and I'll work from there. I should be hearing back this week! Please keep your fingers crossed and send good vibes my way! Please and many, many thanks!
I am just so happy right now. No matter how many times I write that, I keep feeling that bubble of happiness grow bigger and bigger. And unlike before, it's not for materialistic possessions or over a guy. It's because I'm actually doing things to make my dreams come true. They're slowly transforming from 'dreams' to reality. It's corny as all shit but g*ddamnit, IT'S FUCKING AMAZING!
Baby steps, ya'll!
Happy Belated Thanksgiving! Count your blessings everyday!
-KG

