Monday, December 29, 2014

We only part to meet again.

I think the reason I'm not scared of death is because I know my soul will be back. Don't get me wrong though - I am completely grateful for my life, family, everything and I don't take it for granted. But I know my soul will return to fulfill its purpose. So why not take the chances in the present? People have been asking me if I'm scared about this move to Colombia - maybe I should be because I am not invincible and anything is possible. But in less than two weeks, I'll be living a completely different lifestyle and I could not be more excited. I can't wait to breathe the air, soak in the scenery and meet people from all over the world. My heart is aching to #travelforachange by helping those in need. I can imagine my breath being taken away by all that I'm about to experience. Venturing out into the world alone is scary as all hell, but this is really happening! What better way to conquer your fears than to stick yourself in a situation where you must face them? I cannot wait to push myself to my limits, to see what I'm really made of. By the time I'm old and ripe and ready for the "next adventure" (aka my current body's tired and my soul's ready for the next one) I want to have faced all my fears.

That means I have to deal with 1) crocodiles/alligators, 2) living alone, 3) sharks.

With heights, I went sky-diving, but I'd still like to try hang gliding or bungee jumping. I've also already had my heart shattered so that unfortunately, has been faced. But I won't complain. I've lived and learned a lot in my short time on Earth so far. Fears are usually the only things holding you back from experiencing all this wonder the world has to offer. So push past those jerks!

Clearly, I am completely infatuated with the thought of reincarnation. Is anyone else with me? I love the idea of karma being a factor in how your next life will turn out. It truly makes me wonder how certain people will be reborn into the world. I'm planning the next part of my 1/4 sleeve and it involves a phoenix - How could you rise anew, if you have not first become ashes? When you experience destruction and pain, you return more beautiful than ever.

One thing's for sure: I must've done something right in my previous life to be so blessed now.


Chao!