Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Oh, Girardot.
I´ve been living in Girardot, Colombia for about three months now. Cannot believe how quickly time has flown. Back in January, I honestly thought six months would be enough and that I would be ready to go home by June. Not even close. So I´ve already extended my contract to live in Colombia for another six months. I will probably go back home to VISIT in January. To be completely honest, I just don´t view New York as home anymore. I can´t see myself returning to live there. Of course, my heart aches for my family and friends sometimes, but the experiences I´ve had growing up away from them are priceless. I wouldn´t trade that for the world. I feel like a whole new person, and the things my eyes have seen...well, I just wouldn´t be happy going back to the lifestyle I once had. I´m happier than I´ve ever been. My whole life, I wanted to spread my wings and fly...now I have and I want to keep the feeling forever.